Skip to content
Resident Selection Criteria: (Last Updated 8/2016)
- We pride ourselves on equal opportunity housing and do not discriminate on basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability, familial status, national origin, source of income, sexual orientation or sexual identity.
- Each person 18 years of age or older must submit his/her own application. Applicants are reviewed on the same criteria, based on who has both paid the application fee and turned in a completed application. We require all income verification, valid ID, and rental history to be turned in within 48 hours of application fee being paid to complete the screening. Application fees are $35 per applicant, paid online or at the office, and are non-refundable. Co-signers must apply and are subject to the same criteria, if applicable.
- Income: Applicants must have a combined income of at least 2.5 times the amount of the monthly rent from their current employer. Incomes must be verified using pay stubs, grant/loan proof, bank statements, year to date, letter from employer, etc.
- Credit History: A minimum credit score of 575 is required. If bankruptcy, proof of discharge must be provided. History must show fewer than 4 non-medical collections within the last 24 months and fewer than 2 non-medical judgments within the last 36 months.
- Rental History: Verification of good rental history is required for the past 24 months with no evictions in the last 36 months.
- Criminal History: Verification of criminal history is evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Although applicants will be asked to disclose any prior arrests, convictions or pending criminal actions of all anticipated occupants, this information will not be reviewed until after the applicant has had the credit and references checked and approved. A criminal background check will be conducted. Failure to disclose criminal information as requested is grounds for denial. Arrests will not, in themselves, be grounds for denial but may be factors used along with other criteria. Pending criminal actions may be grounds for denial but will be reviewed on a case by case basis. Convictions of any sort will be evaluated on an individualized basis. Persons who are listed on any sex offender list will not be considered. Persons who have a criminal conviction relating to manufacture or distribution of controlled substances will generally be denied. In review of criminal history, management will consider the nature and severity of the crime, along with how much time has passed since the criminal activity and/or the release from any imprisonment, parole, or probation. It is unlikely that the following persons will be accepted: persons convicted of other drug related offenses who have not provided evidence of completed drug rehabilitation; persons who have convictions relating to serious crimes involving violence, gang activity, arson, and injury to persons. Also persons who have been recently released from prison, parole, or probation may be required to provide additional information and references. Applicants may provide mitigation information. Applicants denied due to criminal history may appeal that decision by providing such appeal in writing along with any information that applicant desires to provide.
- Pets: All pets require specific written permission of Management including assistance animals. Non-assistance animals are allowed in most of our residences with a pet lease including a $250 non-refundable pet fee, per pet. Pet rent is $25 per month, per pet. All medically required pets are accepted with completion of the Assistance Animal Release Form, or verification with a healthcare professional or other qualified person.
- Other: Valid current photo ID documentation (driver’s license, military ID, or State ID) is required.
- Current occupancy standards are a maximum of 2 persons per bedroom, except for infants under 4 years of age.
- Required utilities must be in the tenant’s name before the keys will be issued.
- We reserve the right to require a co-signer and/or a higher security deposit in the case that the applicant does not meet one or more of the above requirements.